https://crossfitresurrection.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/logo-trans-440-100.png 0 0 Tyler Lee https://crossfitresurrection.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/logo-trans-440-100.png Tyler Lee2019-12-23 17:30:142019-12-23 17:30:14High Protein Creamy Taco Soup Recipe
Hi everyone! Please enjoy this amazing winter comfort food recipe! Its a good one!!
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey,
- 15 oz can Sliced Stewed Tomatoes
- 15 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can Corn
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 12 oz bag Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets, frozen (or 1/2 broccoli, 1/2 cauliflower if you can’t find a blend)
- 8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese, room temp
- 1 C (227g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
- 2 packets Taco Seasoning
- In a large pot or an Instant Pot, brown your choice of ground meat over medium high heat with one packet of taco seasoning. (Use the saute function if using an Instant Pot.)
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add all the canned ingredients, cauliflower and broccoli, and remaining seasoning packets to a large pot. Heat the mixture until the frozen veggies begin to soften, stirring often, before reducing the heat to low.
- Add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt to the soup and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the cream cheese and Greek yogurt are fully incorporated and no lumps remain.
- To portion this out, you can weigh your final mixture in a large bowl using a food scale. Depending on your calorie/macro goals, portion accordingly. Using the total calories (~3,300), you could portion out 16 205-calorie meals, 10 330-calorie meals, 7 470-calorie meals, or whatever works best for your meal frequency and calorie needs. Be sure to account for anything you’ll add to the soup like cheese, sour cream, chips, etc.
- Per 1/16 serving: 210 Calories, 18g Protein, 23g Carbs, 5g Fat
- Each serving has 3 Smart Points.
- Entire Recipe’s Calorie & Macronutrient Breakdown: 3,336 Calories, 297g Protein, 366g Carbs, 76g Fat