We are very excited to announce our CFR Nutrition Challenge 2019! I know you have seen our recent Instagram posts about the challenge and are patiently awaiting the details.
Why should we care about nutrition? So many reasons! Food is fuel. Food makes our bodies run properly and efficiently. Without enough energy from food, our bodies can’t function normally. Think of food is to our bodies what gasoline is to our car. Food is our body’s gasoline. Food makes our engine run!
We wanted to run this challenge to help our members get a better grasp on what “good” nutrition should look like.
With this challenge we are going to focus primarily on food quality, and portion control.
You will be provided with a list of whole, minimally processed foods to create your meals from. We want to focusing on micronutrient rich foods, Micronutrients are the vitamins and minerals found in our foods that are going to help improve overall health.
Don’t fret! You are not limited to this food list at all times. Everyone will have one planned cheat meal per week.
This challenge is going to be based on a points system. Everyone will begin with 8 points per day. There will be prizes awarded for first, second, and third place. Each point represents one of the following :
1.Use 3 provided containers per day. One each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fill each container using the suggested foods list. Each meal must contain 1 protein and 1 fruit and/or vegetable.
Each container is worth 1 point.
2. Drink 2 litres of water per day
3. No alcohol
4. No foods outside of suggested foods list.
5. 2 snacks per day (1 point each)
6. No Penalty Cheat meal 1 x per week
Earn Extra points by:
- Attending 4 Group CrossFit Classes Per Week (1 Point)
- Posting a home WOD (run, walk, swim, etc…) on social media and tagging CFR (1 point)
Track your points daily on the live spreadsheet for the entire 30 days
Lose one point for every “Cheat Meal”
* Initial measurements, composition testing, and Body Fat assessment
* Follow up Composition testing at end of nutrition challenge
* Access to facebook group
* Q&A with nutrition coach
* Google Live document tracking
* 3 provided portion containers (More available for purchase for convenience)
* Suggested food lists provided
This challenge is open to non members as well so grab your friends and family and get on the right track with your nutrition! Registration is now live on the website.